10 Simple Steps To Harden The Security Of Your Home
While there are many elaborate and expensive ways to harden the security of your home, there are some surprisingly simple steps you can take.
- Trim the bushes outside your windows. This will let you see any intruders outside and will prevent them from using the bushes to hide behind while trying to get in.
- Plant or replace existing bushes with prickly or thorny bushes so as to deter burglars.
- Keep all ladders, step ladders and tools – especially crowbars – locked and out of sight.
- Install plenty of lighting; especially around entrances and exits. Use motion detected lighting.
- Never announce absences from your home, such as holidays, on social media such as Facebook.
- If you do go away for a while, arrange to have newspapers or parcels picked up by a neighbour.
- Do not leave “hidden” keys outside your home.
- Maybe consider getting a dog; burglars hate them.
- If you can afford it, get quality security doors and locking windows. Also, have a security system installed.
- Make sure your house number is clearly visible from the street so the police and fire services can quickly identify your house.
There you have it folks, 10 simple steps to harden the security of your home.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to leave them in the comment section below.
And if you’d like regular updates by email, simply fill in your email address and hit subscribe. I will never share or sell your information!
I hope you find this information useful and if you have family or friends this could help, please feel free to email them or pass it on by using the share buttons below.